"Don't support this company which is void of ethics"
"Your company isn't trustworthy. You claim to enforce DMCA but have many lawsuits for not doing so."
"They only censor those who question their ethics."
"I guess the truth is inconvenient and better hidden from public view." -- phyzonloop
CloudFlare spams people
Cloudflare is sending spam emails to non-Cloudflare users.
- Only send emails to subscribers who’ve opted in
- When the user say "stop", then stop sending email
It's that simple. But Cloudflare doesn't care. Cloudflare said using their service can stop all spammers or attackers. How can we stop Cloudflare spammers without activating Cloudflare?
Remove user's review
Cloudflare censor negative reviews. If you post anti-Cloudflare text on Twitter, you have a chance to get a reply from Cloudflare employee with "No, it's not" message. If you post a negative review on any review site, they will try to censor it.
Share user's private information
Cloudflare has a massive harassment problem. Cloudflare shares personal information of those who complain about hosted sites. They sometimes ask you to provide your true ID. If you don't want to get harassed, assaulted, swatted or killed, you better stay away from Cloudflared websites.
Corporate solicitation of charitable contributions
CloudFlare is asking for charitable contributions. It’s quite appalling that an American corporation would ask for charity alongside non-profit organizations that have good causes. If you like blocking people or wasting other people's time, you might want to order some pizzas🍕 for Cloudflare employees.
What will you do if your site goes down suddenly? There are reports that Cloudflare is deleting user's configuration or stopping service without any warning, silently. We suggest you find better provider.
Browser vendor discrimination
Tor Browser, Right:
Chrome. Same IP address.
- QuteBrowser(minor browser) without Tor (Clearnet IP)
|Chromium or Firefox (Cookie disabled)||access denied|
"Why not use Audio button to solve easy challenge?"
Yes, there is an audio button, but it always doesn't work over Tor. You will get this message when you click it:
Try again later Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page
Voters in US states register to vote ultimately through the state secretary's website in the state of their residence. Republican-controlled state secretary offices engage in voter suppression by proxying the state secretary's website through Cloudflare. Cloudflare's hostile treatment of Tor users, its MITM position as a centralized global point of surveillance, and its detrimental role overall makes prospective voters reluctant to register. Liberals in particular tend to embrace privacy. Voter registration forms collect sensitive information about a voter's political leaning, personal physical address, social security number, and date of birth. Most states only make a subset of that information publicly available, but Cloudflare sees all that information when someone registers to vote.
Note that paper registration does not circumvent Cloudflare because the secretary of state data entry staff workers will likely use the Cloudflare website to enter the data.
- Change.org is a famous website for gathering votes and take action. "people everywhere are starting campaigns, mobilizing supporters, and working with decision makers to drive solutions." Unfortunately, many people cannot view change.org at all due to Cloudflare's aggressive filter. They are being blocked from signing the petition, thus excluding them from a democratic process. Using other non-cloudflared platform such as OpenPetition helps remedy the problem.
- Cloudflare's "Athenian Project" offers free enterprise-level protection to state and local election websites. They said "their constituents can access election information and voter registration" but this is a lie because many people just can't browse the site at all.
Ignoring user's preference
If you opt-out something, you expect that you receive no email about it. Cloudflare ignore user's preference and share data with third-party corporations without customer's consent. If you're using their free plan, they sometimes send email to you asking to buy monthly subscription.
Lying about deleting user's data
2019-08-05 CloudFlare sent me confirmation that they'd removed my account. 2019-10-02 I received an email from CloudFlare "because I am a customer"
Keep your personal information
Deleting Cloudflare account is hard level.
Submit a support ticket using the "Account" category, and request account deletion in the message body. You must have no domains or credit cards attached to your account prior to requesting deletion.
You will receive this confirmation email.
"We have begun to process your deletion request" but "We will continue to store your personal information".
Can you "trust" this?
- How to cancel your Cloudflare account
- Login to your Cloudflare dashboard.
- Delete all zones(domains) from your dashboard.
- Click support link.
- Send a new ticket. Tell them that you want to close your account.
- Wait several days.
- Cloudflare staff will ask for your confirmation and the reason why you have decided to leave Cloudflare.
- Send a reply again.
- Wait several days.
- You will get a message: "We have successfully deleted your account"
Cancelled subscription, got barrage of emails
The user cancelled his stream subscription and now he gets email reminders every day to remind him about cancelled subscription. There is no unsubscribe button. How do you make this stop?
Cloudflare told this user to contact support and ask all your contents to be deleted.
- Joseph Sullivan (Joe Sullivan) (Cloudflare CSO)
Sullivan took to allegedly cover it up, including making the $100,000 payout under Uber's "bug bounty" program.